The manhunt for Daon Gordon Glasgow is now into its third day as dozens of police continue to search for the suspect wanted in the shooting of Transit Police Const. Josh Harms two days ago at the Scott Road SkyTrain Station in Surrey.
Here’s what we know about Glasgow:
- 35 years old, born July 19, 1983
- Dark skinned, five feet five inches tall, 170 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.
- Last seen sporting black stubble and a moustache and wearing a blue hoodie and white Nike shoes.
- Has used two aliases in the past — Darrell James Davis and Cornell Gibson — and police say he is known to alter his appearance quickly.
- Sentenced to 10 years in prison minus time in custody after pleading guilty to the 2010 manslaughter death of Terry Scott at the McDonald’s near 110th Avenue and Scott Road, just blocks away from the where Harms was shot.
- Glasgow shot Scott in the chest during a drug deal conducted in the McDonald’s men’s washroom during the dinnertime rush. Text messages revealed Scott had agreed to sell Glasgow five ounces of hashish for $1,000.
- Glasgow ran from the restaurant after the shooting and evaded capture for almost a month. He was identified as a suspect using security footage and Scott’s cell phone.
- Glasgow served his sentence at Kent Penitentiary in Agassiz.
- If he was granted statutory release after serving two-thirds of his sentence, he would have been let out of prison in late 2016.
- Glasgow was still on parole for the 2010 manslaughter when he allegedly shot Harms.
Parole, drugs, weapons and theft:
- Glasgow has been convicted of numerous trafficking charges over the the years, including in 2006 and 2008. He was out on parole when he killed Terry Scott in 2010.
- April 2006 he was also convicted for possession of a restricted weapon, obstructing a peace officer and failing to comply with recognizance.
- Charged with theft over $5,000 in Mississauga, Ont., in Sept. of 2005.
Inmate web profile:
- Glasgow’s profile on the Canadian Inmates Connect Inc. website reads like a rap song: “I ain’t no bi*ch, I’d never be a snitch. I got a plan to find a Shorty and the ambition to be rich. Confident, not cocky, neat ‘n’ [tidy], never sloppy. With a real woman in my corner, nothing could ever stop me.”
Please share: video released of the suspect who shot a <a href=”https://twitter.com/TransitPolice?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>@TransitPolice</a> officer earlier today. We are actively searching for him. Call 911 if you see him. <a href=”https://t.co/xZxM7g9zdD”>pic.twitter.com/xZxM7g9zdD</a>